The trip

Record of my adventures / food diary
Covering gap year travels and my year abroad in Mexico!
....And now also providing procrastination from my internship

Thursday 7 April 2011

Universal Take 2

Yesterday had to cancel the beach trip due to bad weather so went karting instead! Unfortunately, any kind of activity like this just encourages my overly competitive streak so needless to say I totally beat all the 11 year olds! ;) Ben keeps complaining that I was supposed to move over so he could over take me which is why he crashed into me ( though if you ask him I apparently 'took him out'?) and hurt his leg a lil. Have to say though that's not how racing works, as if i'd just pull over and let someone pass, lol. Plus they were wanting me to pull over to the wrong side of the track anyways, left all the way! ;)
Then perfect way to round off the day, once the weather cleared up, I went for a run along the beach front with Aunty Donna - 4 1/2 miles. And got back just in time to watch the sunset on the beach! Have to say the houses all along there are actually amazing, would kill to live there for the summer, can't imagine how much they would cost though!
Today, was back to universal to catch up on all the stuff we missed last time. So first off was the studio tours, which was really cool as they took you around all these sets they use for different movies, then there was this 3D King Kong special effects tunnel, definately the best bit of the tour. Though there was another bit where the tram stopped in the middle of a subway set and then it simulated an earthquake and flood around the trams! Also went to see Waterworlds show again, still just as good the second time round!
Also, got to the stores today to get some headphones and a memory card for my camera - finally. Kept meaning to do it before I left, but as usual, totally never happened! Glad I'm so unorganized though, cause turned out to be way cheaper here anyhows so.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment