The trip

Record of my adventures / food diary
Covering gap year travels and my year abroad in Mexico!
....And now also providing procrastination from my internship

Thursday 21 April 2011

Nazca

So, know there´s been a lil gap but have been kinda busy!
Well, from where I left off....
.... Day 2 in Nazca. Got up to have breakfast only to find out buffet really wasn´t that impressive and certainly not worth my 2 sols! Decided to go to the supermarket instead, and as a result didn´t have the most exciting breakfast! Also, nowhere sold peanut butter, honestly! I still had a bit before I had to check out so went to change some money as i think i was down to like 4 sols at this point (less than pound). The place was fully booked so couldnt keep my room for the night, but they had a place to store my rucksack. Anyways, headed into town to get the bus to the mirador. You actually get one of the coaches that goes between cities and it only cost 2 sols each way for a 25 minute ride! Anyways, turns out you literally just get dropped at the side of the panamericana with nothing but desert in any direction, except for a rather rickety metal tower the other side of the road. Also, lines seriously werent worth the hype. I mean how you´re supposed to tell what they are, i dont know. But we were told they were the frog and tree! I thought they´d be a lil more impressive seriously was like someone had just dragged a giant stick through the dirt! ;) So, all this had only taken like an hour including walking from hostel to bus so far, and this had been my plan for the entire day! Anways, i saw two guys from my hostel there aswell and turns out they´d planned for it to take up their day aswell, so wasnt only me with bad planning. Basically just have to wait until another bus comes along going in the right direction to get back. We were told they come along every 15 mins, they really dont. However, some crazy japanese people provided entertainment with there strange photo ideas. Although my camera managed to delete my photo of me in middle of panamericana :( Anyways back at the hostel had like 6 hours to kill before bus time so watched a film and played cards, then after they left to go get their bus, I watch another film and a half with some americans. Fun times! Anyways, decided to kill more time and save 3 sols, I would walk the 15 mins to the bus station at 10pm! (No worries mom did actually ask hostel guy if was alright to do so) Turns out i was the only one getting on that bus so had to hang around the bus station with all the peruvian people who work there, as they were waiting for me to leave so they could lock up. Bus was only an hour late! So didnt actually leave nazca until 11.30 :( On other hand seats were insaaanely comfy! And so began the 9 hour trip to Arequipa

No comments:

Post a Comment