The trip

Record of my adventures / food diary
Covering gap year travels and my year abroad in Mexico!
....And now also providing procrastination from my internship

Thursday 14 April 2011

Heading Down South

So managed to ook a whole ton of stuff whilst I was with Rosie for our future travels! Also, was sooo lucky I ended up staying there in the end as probably would have been stuffed by myself. Martha (Lady whose house I was staying at) wa awesome. She phoned the Cruz del Sur bus people to check all the times/costs for me. Then when I was having issues finding somewhere to stay for tonight/tomorrow she just called somewhere chatted for like 3 mins in Spanish and was like right all sorted! The whole family were really nice, and this morning so we wouldn´t get lost again JD came with us to change money then we went for lunch at Bembos, which is a Peruvian fast food chain, but tasted really good and came with Inca Kola too! ;)
So got the taxi to the bus depo, and the taxi guy was Martha´s brother in-law, and he helped me buy all my tickets and check me luggage in, then it was onto Ica on 4 hour bus journey! wooo Bus was actually pretty comfy and really empty so everyone had two seats each meaning you could spread out a bit. Had interesting safety announcement, highlight must be the ´toilets are for urination only, i repeat again toilets are for urination only, should any opther toilet needs arise, please alert a member of staff immediately´! Anways, what followed was some really cheesy videos, a movie which kept skipping and the most insanely annoying music in the world, thank god for ipods! Anways, took bout 4 1/2 hours so arrived just after 7. Got out bus, and immediately accosted by taxi people, probs overpaid as just randomly went with one to Huacachina (lil óasis´surrounded by sanddunes, quite pretty apaz but is really a stagnant lake!) But got to hostel safely and was shown my room with ensuite bathroom. I use the word bathroom loosely judging by state of floor and lack of toilet paper! ;) anyways seems alright and I was convined to go on a dune buggy/sandboarding tour tomorrow afternoon with the hostel aswell so that should be pretty fun! :) Went to get a bite to eat, though wasn´t the best chicken sandwich in the world so am gonna go look for something to wash it down with in a bit! Also, currently being eaten alive, so will be interesting to see how I sleep with no A/C!

No comments:

Post a Comment