The trip

Record of my adventures / food diary
Covering gap year travels and my year abroad in Mexico!
....And now also providing procrastination from my internship

Wednesday 13 April 2011

Made It

Landed safely in Lima last night after 12 hours of traveling and a connection in Panama. I am currently staying with my friend Rosie at her friends house who very kindly is putting me up for two nights, then tomorrow gonna start heading down south. Flights here weren't really that bad just long with limited entertainment. They didn't tell you when the films started so missed the first 10/15 mins of both Gullivers Travels and True Grit though were both pretty good tbh. Plane food wasn't bad either had ravioli for my main meal on both flights and also was loaded up with enough food/snacks from aunty Donna to last me possibly the next month or so! ;)
So, slept in this morning as didn't get to bed till like 12. Went for a walk earlier armed with a hand drawn map and a poor sense of direction. Needless to say we got a lil lost and after about 1/2 hour Rosie phoned home to be told we'd gone in the wrong direction and so we headed back after stopping for a drink. Did I mention it's seriously hot and sunny? Anyways, got my first taste of Inka Kola which tastes quite nice actually, kinda like Chubbys if you know what they are. Back now and spent some time copying pages out of Rosie's guide book ( as clever me forgot mine), whilst Rosie naps as she isn't feeling so great at the moment. :(
Later gonna sort out plans for getting down to Arequipa then also travel plans for future as after Rosie's finished her teaching in Lima and done a lil traveling of her own, she's gonna meet me in Arequipa then we're gonna travel together eventually ending up in Quito where I'm spending two months.
Have to say this post took a while to do as I had to type it all on my iPod. Not the easiest thing as my thumbs are a lil big for the keys! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment