The trip

Record of my adventures / food diary
Covering gap year travels and my year abroad in Mexico!
....And now also providing procrastination from my internship

Sunday 29 May 2011

Where actually am I, and where did all my stuff go?!

So, as you can see my previous note to self has been super effective and I haven't left like a 3 week gap between updating the blog! Lol anyways due to the amount of updating to do I'm gonna split this up a lil so shall start where I left off with just under two weeks left to go in Arequipa!
So had a new teaching partner - phillipa starting in my class week. We decided to go for the more lax approach with regards to lesson planning, so kinda go with te flow! ;) Monday we did this marathon recap game from like everything from the previous 3 weeks. Was actually really nice to see the kids remembered basically everything! Then Monday night is my weekly dia de descansar so had a nice relaxed evening.Spanish lessons were still going strong, señora Maria thinks I'm a genius cause I understand all the poetry and stories we've been doing! Woo ;) Lol soo Tuesday all was same as usual and we had the team meeting in the evening. Seemed really long tho maybe as I was slowly drinking a bottle of super sweet wine and eating a piece of chocolate cake the size of my head! Lol then after we were cuttin up cartons for wallet making. They make and sell wallets to raise Money for the school/orphanage.So ended up going out with steph, marluse, rick and tiffany (other volunteers). We went to the bar with the 6 hour happy hour, where I had the same bartender again! Then went on to déjà vu which was pretty dead, tho we had good time neways! Anyways was soooo pissed and tired, and about 2.30 convinced rick to come home with me, as not living in the house I can never remember where it is taxi wise, plus didn't really wanna go back by myself. Anyways trying to open the doors to the house was ridiculous, as u have to turn them like 4 times and there's two doors! ;) just conked out on empty bed which had no sheets or anything, so was knda cold! The next morning had to be up and out by 8 to get home before my Spanish lesson! Got home at 8.30 so literally had the quickest shower ever, shovelled down a piece of bread and actually ran to my lesson! Anways then on wesnesdy night there was no way I could go out again as was so tired. ended up in town having dinner with tiffany and gustavo(guy she was giving English lesson to). lasagne wasn't that great but they had cheesy garlic bread so all was forgiven!
Then Thursday we decided to go out aswell, however karin was going out for drinks with carlos so she had the only available key! Bit she said she wasn't gonna be out later than 12 so I said I'd sleep over at the other house as in all likelihood wouldn't be back by then. anyways at house, everyone was either ill or tired! Did think we were never gonna head out but about 11ish me, tiffany and philipa decided that we might as well! Headed to our happy hour bars where I had my normal of tres Cuba libres para empezar! which were basically half glasses of rum! Lol anyways texted karin to findout where she was and found her in Swedish avenue with Carlos( another bar on San Francisco). We Felt kinda awkward when we arrived as it well looked like a date albeit the most awkward one ever! But there was a live band that weren't that bad so we actually stayed there for a while and had a few more drinks. In the meantime we were joined by one of carlos' friends. After a bit we moved to déjà vu. I seriously need to fix my dancing/singing as I mean I really can't dance but I do so anyways! ;) Also turns out being drunk is good for my Spanish as I apparently refused to speak in English all evening! ;) not sure y tho! Headed home like 2.30/2.45 with philipa as although karin was still out with te key, I had my stuff at the other house and obvs isn't good to go back by itself. Had some very nice toast when we got back tho! :)
anyways next morning had to get up and home again. Tho ended up leaving my home well late and so had to sprint to Spanish lessons leaving me completely out of breath! Had good last lesson with Carlos and Maria and both said I was a good student/ they'd enjoyed teaching me, so that was nice, cause despite it being a ridiculous amount I did enjoy my lessons and they defo helped!
Then stayed night again in the other house as had to get the bus to colca at 3 in the morning next day! Tho ended up playing cards and chatting with steph,rick and new girl Emma anyways so didn't go to bed till like 11.30. Tho got a bed with blankets this time and was actually pretty warm! Lol
Shall move to a new post now for colca to break it up a lil!

No comments:

Post a Comment