The trip

Record of my adventures / food diary
Covering gap year travels and my year abroad in Mexico!
....And now also providing procrastination from my internship

Saturday 21 September 2013

Woo finished exams ....... they start again in 2 weeks!

I can't quite decide if I like the continuous assessment here or not. For sure it means you don't have so much to learn for every exam but on the other hand it feels like I constantly have tests (which I do). Partial exams are every month but there is a 2 week window in which the teachers can choose to do it meaning there is really only 2 weeks in between exams!
Not to mention lots of my courses like to do weekly mini tests which also count towards your grade!
However, overall, so far so good. I haven't yet failed anything, which was a little bit of a surprise although I am still waiting on my 'Cultura de Mexico' mark as despite emailing my essay 3 times, the teacher keeps saying he didn't receive it. Didn't help that he waited over a week to tell me the first time so I had no idea he hadn't got it and was kinda surprised when I failed the course with a mark of 1/100. Thankfully though this will change once he actually marks it. I have a feeling he just hasn't checked his email properly!
Had a nice long weekend last week cause monday was independence day so no lessons. Took the opportunity to head to Baja California for 5 days (see other post). Coming back to lessons was a bit depressing as in my short week off had kinda adjusted to holiday mode! Plus got quite a bit of work to do this weekend, even more so cause I took yesterday off as a rest / tv day. 
Managed to hurt my bum/back a bit on thursday night when we went out: saw some friends who were jumping and hitting the disco ball on the ceiling and thought it looked fun, unfortunately as they were both 6ft something I couldn't quite make up the height difference with jumping. Still determined to reach it, one of the guys gave me a boost up. Wasn't the greatest plan as I missed the disco ball and fell back down pretty hard. Not deterred I was successful on my 2nd attempt and caught as opposed to dropped to the ground! Felt fine all night but next day very stiff and spent day feeling sorry for myself, didn't help that gone to bed at 6. Attempted to get up at 10 to go to my tennis class, but swiftly decided that wasn't going to happen! Last nights plan to get a good nights sleep instead of going out was minorly upset by one of my flatmates forgetting his key and holding his finger down on the buzzer at 5.30am until someone (me) answered the door. Was hoping if i ignored it long enough someone else would answer but obviously all thinking along the same lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment