The trip

Record of my adventures / food diary
Covering gap year travels and my year abroad in Mexico!
....And now also providing procrastination from my internship

Monday 9 September 2013

The house that Mexico built

So our lovely nice new house is slowly falling apart and it seems like as soon as one thing is fixed another falls apart! 
It started with the kitchen when one of the cupboards fell off the wall whilst xavier was opening it. The microwave who insisted on just saying 'simply samsung' for hours at a time, not letting you press any buttons. It was taken away to be repaired and is yet to return! The new fridge wasn't broken perse but took a week of airing to get rid of the deadly cloud of gas it emitted every time you opened it! This was quickly followed by a large proportion of kitchen utensils etc such as the saucepan whose handle melted. Admittedly the Pyrex dish that blew up with the lasagne in it may have been our fault..... 
Moving to the rest of the house, it recently started raining inside when the roof started leaking in 2 different spots. I am also suffering this problem in my room as after heavy rain a small puddle forms by my window. This has also happened in 2 other people's rooms. Although mine was fixed, it only stayed that way for a week and is now up to its old tricks again!
The latest thing is the front door, one day it refused to shut. It seemed the other side had warped slightly and no longer fit. Obviously we attempted to force it shut, resulting in the other side cracking slightly. Not yet sure if this will be counted as our fault or the doors, personally I vote door. 
So I think that covers all the issues so far but I have a feeling there will be more to add to this list in the future....

Keep having to re-read posts and correct my English! #awks

Lovely from the outside - but it's the inside that's the problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment