The trip

Record of my adventures / food diary
Covering gap year travels and my year abroad in Mexico!
....And now also providing procrastination from my internship

Friday 1 July 2011

Keeping Up to Date

Sooo, staying on top of things this week.
Forgot to mention that aswell as tidying my rrom on Monday , partially from boredom, I also decided to cut my hair as it was starting to annoy me. Given that it usually gets cut like tops every 6 weeks and hadn´t been cut inlike 3 months.... not good. On the other hand, didn´t have enough money to spare to get a haircut so decided to do it myself! Gotta say given i can´t see the back of my head and i did it with my penknife, I think the result wasn´t too appaling ;) Cut like 2 inches off the back as that was what was really getting to me.
Yesterday we went out again though there was only like 7 of us and my friend from Peru, Phillipa, whose currently in Quito. Were gonna have an earlyish night but as usual didn´t really work out annd got home about 3, after goinng back to that same burger place as last week. As a result i was less than happy asbout getting up this morning with like 5 hours of sleep, but did it anyways annd market wasn´t that bad today actually!
Though there was some confusion later on as they made us all go back to the office for some meeting only to be told when we arrived we were gonna have it after lunch instead, so had 50 mins to get home, eat and get back. Considering it´s a 15 min walk to get home was a lil pushed for time! Back at office and they were still waiting onpeople so i went ahead to english classes with the other 2 volunteers (only 3 at the mo!). However got on the bus to realise i lost my nice new sunglasses, though 2 weeks life span isn´t too bad, and then bus took like 50 mins to get where we were going so only had under hour with the kidfs. tThen inside we couldnt even get into the classroom as is locked and the security man had disappeared. So had to play outside and only got into the room for the last 20 mins!
Anyways, hoping things perk up, as planning to spend the evening as family time, as Erin´s last night, though i´m not sure they´re overly keen on it, or even aware of our plans, as Marie really seems to0 have gone off Erin recently, though Erin asures me that Marie never liked her! ;)
Then tomorrow is probs another chilled day, then we´re hacving an enchilada party at the volunteer house. Sunday morning is of course Wimbledon finals, so I shall be finding myself a large t.v to watch it upon! (yes i did plan my weeken partially around that) Then either Sunday or Monday think gonna head to Mindo with a few others where they´ve supposedly got this really cool ziplining! Should be fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment