The trip

Record of my adventures / food diary
Covering gap year travels and my year abroad in Mexico!
....And now also providing procrastination from my internship

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Chillin in Mancora

So did genuinely spend the next two days just chilling on the beach! Did have lil mishap when went for a swim in the sea, then fell asleep on the beach only to wake up with like a glowing red tummy! lol however i blame it on the malaria medicine i´m sporadically taking as it says the main side effect is an exaggerated reaction to the sun! Thursday night was Karaloki so was basically a bunch of drunk people murdering previously awesome songs! So sat in the bar with other people from my dorm, had a few drinks and made fun of the terrible singing! ;) Even though I´m on a money saving spree figured should have couple drinks as officially the ´dry law´kicked in on Friday(they´re not allowed to drink the two days before the elections). Having said that lying on beach next day, never been offered so many beers in my life! Apparently it´s shouldn´t sell in stores and can´t be drunk in public!
But found a couple more good meals around and had me some more Ceviche aswell :)
Had to hang around on Friday will late as bus wasn´t due till 11.30, but gave me some more beach time and all in all was nice to have a couple days of nothingness. Though defo couldn´t have stayed there for ages, like I think there was this one guy there who´d been there for 6 months?!

No comments:

Post a Comment